TH321 - Introduction to Theology
TH321 – INTRODUCTION TO THEOLOGY
Instructor: GREG AMUNDSON (MA MINISTRY AND LEADERSHIP – WESTERN SEMNARY)
This course is offered in a 4-week schedule. After enrollment in the course, you will be notified with Zoom classroom login instructions and a course syllabus. We meet on Zoom at 6PM PST on the dates listed in the course schedule (1/15, 1/22, 1/29 and 2/5).
The study of theology has the practical benefit of helping shape the way you see the world, make decisions, and relate to yourself, to other people, and most importantly, to God.
- You will be introduced to the theological themes of Revelation of Holy Scripture and Knowledge of he Most High.
- You will come to understand how various philosophies have impacted the Christian faith through the ages.
- You will become aware of the seasons of progress and regress of the discipleship process and the primary reasons for each.
- You will learn to appreciate the richness of the spiritual disciplines of the Church history.
- You will learn how to move through the biblical text, into the author’s intended meaning, onto the Ultimate Reality beneath.
Required Text Book (provided with course registration):
Amundson, Greg, Pull-ups in Paradise (Eagle Rise Publishing, 2020). ISBN: 978-0-578-81301-1. $19.95 (483 pages)
Additional PDF reading, online journal articles, and videos will be provided by the instructor during the course.